Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Bodily Harmful Habits

For anyone who reads my blog, just know that my writings are a form of diary written to myself as a reminder of what I need to think about concerning scripture.  It is not meant as a preachy, preachy to anyone else.  

1 Corinthians 6:19-20  tells me, "Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own?  For you have been bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body. "

When I read this, I was reminded that I need to attempt to control certain habits I have developed that could actually harm my body, at least according to research.  I love sweets, but know that too much sugar really does effect the way my body feels.  When I eat too much I have more body aches.  What does that tell me?  Don't do it.  I also know that I am beginning to show signs of a weight issue.  I could blame it on advancing age, but to be honest, I would have to say it is because I am eating too much at meals and snacking too often (which I love to do).  Also, I have basically stopped exercising as I did a few years ago.  My body needs some form of daily workout or walking routine.  It not only helps me feel better, but it also keeps my body toned.   

If I apply 1 Corinthians 6: 19-20 and truly remember that my body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, maybe, just maybe, I will control the habits I have formed over the years which harm my body.  I need to change my focus - make it more on God and His ways rather than on my fleshy desires.

No comments:

Post a Comment