Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Sunday, January 23, 2022

A Child of Weakness

I am constantly reminded of my fleshly weakness but am so grateful that God knows these weaknesses and loves me anyway.  I am also so grateful for Jesus who took my sins and weaknesses and made them white as snow.    

I was also reminded of God wink moments today.  After I wrote the following, I was searching for a scripture that went along with the writing.  During the process, I checked one of my daily devotional sites and Psalm 73:26 was the scripture for today.  A perfect verse, in may opinion.

A Child of Weakness

 

With every breath, I long to follow Jesus,

But I am a child of weakness.

Where is my meekness?

My mind deceives;

My uprightness leaves.

My heart grows weary,

Making the days dreary.

My thoughts remain evil,

Leaving the day in upheaval.

Jealousy abounds.

From my mouth comes raging sounds.

Love does not grow,

So, what do I have to show?

Although I say I ‘ve been saved,

A grateful path, I have not always paved.

With every breath, I long to follow Jesus,

But a sinner I am;

A forever straying lamb.

My shameful sin

Is continually placed on Him-

The One who sacrificed

To save my life.

And, though I fail to follow by what I sow,

My sins have been made as white as snow.

 

Mary Crisp Jameson  1/23/2022

 

“My flesh and heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my 

portion forever.”  Psalm 73:26 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment