Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Saturday, January 8, 2022

Why?

Ask and Ye shall receive….  Why couldn’t I…?  Because…

 

Because of your little faith, Jesus told them.  For if you had faith even as small as a tiny mustard seed, you could say to this mountain, ‘Move’ and it would go far away.  Nothing would be impossible.  But this kind of demon won’t leave unless you have prayed and gone without food.”  Matthew 17:20 LBV


“Go and gather all the Jews of Shushan and fast for me; do not eat or drink for three days, night or day; and I and my maids will do the same, and then, though it is strictly  forbidden, I will go in to see the king; and if I perish, I perish.” Esther 4:15

 

“We have fasted before you, they say.  Why aren’t you impressed:  Why don’t you see our sacrifices?  Why don’t you hear our prayers?  We have done much penance, and you don’t even notice it!...Because you are living in evil pleasure even while you are fasting , and you keep right on oppressing your workers.”  Isaiah 58:3 

 

“Look, what good is fasting when you keep on fighting and quarreling?  This kind of fasting will never get you anywhere with me”  … No, the kind of fast I want is that you stop oppressing those who work for you and treat them fairly and give them what they earn.”   Isaiah 58:4 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment