Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Tuesday, January 11, 2022

The Lord's Prayer

     Prayer is powerful!  It is actually a simple conversation with God which anyone can do.  We do not have to have the gift of speech.  God just wants to hear our heart.   

     Matthew 6: 9-13 gives us a sample of how to pray.  As I read it this morning, I decided to break it out to show more of my heart to God.   

(Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.)

My Father, Holy is your name.     

To honor it upon my lips is my aim;

Within my thoughts, let it be the same.  

 

(Thy kingdom come, thy will be done in earth as it is in heaven.) 

Until your kingdom comes, for which I yearn,

I pray your will within me learn; 

Let it burn.

 

(Give us this day our daily bread.)

Thank you for the day and provision; 

Protection from collision;

More than I could envision.

 

(And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.)

Forgive the sin for which I’m inclined. 

Let me forgive, in kind, for peace of mind; 

Animosity to leave behind.

 

(And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.)

And, deliver me when I stray. 

Keep the evil one away. 

Help me run from temptation, this day. 

 

(For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever.  Amen!)  

You, O Lord, designed the Universe; 

All things within your power to disburse.

Into your glory forever, willingly, I immerse.   

                                     Amen!

 

                 Mary Crisp Jameson  1/11/2022

No comments:

Post a Comment