Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Wednesday, February 9, 2022

C.O.U.R.T

     Changing a path of regret takes adhering to God's guidance.  I was reminded about H.A.L.T. which stands for hungry, angry, lonely, and tired when I read one of my devotionals this morning.  The devotional was using H.A.L.T to make us aware of the mental state we do not need to be in when approaching choices.  The devotional stated that "it is well worth waiting until a more favorable time."  
     After that I read a different devotional which talked about how our thoughts effect our life decisions.  Since the H.A.L.T. acronym hit home, I decided to come up with one about my thoughts and the renewing of my mind into a spiritually, life-changing thinking pattern.  What I came up with was C.O.U.R.T.  First, I will start with Proverbs 4:23 "Above all else, guard your affections.  For they influence everything else in your life."  Another version is, "Be careful how you think, your life is shaped by your thoughts."  
     So, I have to think about my thoughts and how they make me feel in order to change them.  Talk it over- Do my thoughts make me feel bad? Do I like my thoughts?  Do I want to change my thinking? 
My acronym is C.O.U.R.T. my thoughts.
 

C- onfront, challenge, change your thoughts
O-bey God’s Word in your thinking
U-tilize God’s Word instead of the World’s
R-ework, renew negative thoughts into positive ones
T-hink about how your thoughts make you feel- Transform them.

No comments:

Post a Comment