Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Thursday, February 17, 2022

Humble

     I supposed most would call February the month of love.  However, love exist every month, and Jesus shows us the full extent of love. 

     I find in Philippians 2:8, “He humbled Himself.” Yet, in the verses between 5 and 8, Jesus existed in the form of God before humbling Himself to become man.  By doing so, He showed us what love really is, for “God is love,” and within love there is a humbleness.  

     I know that I am called to be humble and to love, but my fleshly desires and self-will hinders this action.  Only by a desire to follow Jesus’ example can I truly accomplish the act of being humble and showing love.   However, love does not stop with being humble, because within love there is also forgiveness.  In the final example and in His final hours, my Jesus exclaimed, “Father forgive them for they know not what they do.”   

     My prayer today, is that God remove my selfish desires and help me see others in the light of love.  May God help me to rid my judgmental thoughts and ways in order to humble myself to recognize the hurts and feelings of others.  May He also help me be forgiving even when not asked to do so. 

      On a humorous note, I may be able to accomplish some of my prayer today.  I have a few advantages.  I am retired and since it is stormy weather, I will be inside at home today with possible only one contact, a caring, gentle, and undemanding husband who is also very forgiving of my ways.    

No comments:

Post a Comment