Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Sunday, February 13, 2022

Heavenly Buffet

February is noted for a month of love and romance with Valentine’s Day designated as a special day of love.  However, every day of every month should be a time of showing love for God is love.  It was God who created the world, the months and the days.  It was and is God who creates us all.  And, it is through His love that He invites us to join Him in His Heavenly feast. 

 

Heavenly Buffet

 

God molded me from a hard chunk of clay,

Then prepared a heavenly buffet.

He formed my hands, feet, and heart;

Just a bit of His almighty art.

He breathed life into my chest,

Making me a mortal guest.

Yet, He didn’t stop with that.

He sent His Son to walk a lonely street,

To cleanse my sin, to wash my feet.

I was to learn by Jesus’s example

And taste His love within the sample.

A pathway to God’s heavenly buffet was laid

While His only Son was beatened and betrayed.

My wicked deeds and all I lack,

Jesus took upon His back.

My flesh should have returned to cold, hard clay

As Jesus hung from the cross that day.

But, that wasn’t in God’s plan for me.

He gave His Son to set me free.

No more would I be a hunk of clay.

God wanted me at His heavenly buffet.

 

Mary Crisp Jameson 2/13/2022

 

“Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the 

Lamb…”. Revelation 19:9a KJV

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment