Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Monday, August 31, 2026

In The Wait

I have had several projects going on, and they never seemed to come together. Then finally last week they all fell into place. The wait was frustrating. When I read about David call out to the Lord, I simply had to write about the wait because God is in the wait with me. 


In The Wait

 

“How long, O Lord?

Will You forget me forever?

But I have trusted in Your lovingkindness.

My heart shall rejoice in Your salvation.”

That’s the lament David cried.

It was simple in God’s eye.

It was an honest plea from David laying his anguish out.

God was listening-His was still watching- He was still about.

For David, the delay was frustrating,

But God was with David in the waiting.

God heard!

He was stirred!

Yet, David’s request was deferred.

Then we see another thread

And one we have read.

David trusted-His heart rejoiced,

And that’s what David voiced.

This was a simple and earnest prayer

And God was there.

God didn’t need perfect or rehearsed words to hear

He simply wants His children to draw near.

Yesterday, today, tomorrow

God never veers away

He is in the wait, today.

 

Mary Crisp Jameson  8/31/2026

 

“How long, O Lord? Will you forget me forever? But I have trusted in your steadfast love.” Psalm 13:1a, 5a

 





No comments:

Post a Comment