Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Saturday, December 2, 2017

Anger

     The Holiday Season is a time for joy, yet I see so many people becoming angry and anxious with the shopping rush and the time it takes to get things done.  One thing I look for at checkout counters is whether the one waiting on me is smiling - a smile that radiates from the heart.  If I don't see it, instead of being just another impatient shopper, I pray that I stop my own busy pace in order to take a moment and say something nice or offer a friendly smile in an effort to make their day just a little brighter and more joyful. 

    So, what can be done about anger in order to weaken its power over thoughts and actions?

A sk!  Is my anger worth it?  Do I want to become its victim?
N ever let it control you.  Remember: "He who angers you controls you."
G ive it away.  Give it to God.  Pray about it. 
E experience it, but quickly let it go.
R ecognize it, but release it so it will weaken its power and neutralize it.
 
    

No comments:

Post a Comment