Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Thursday, December 14, 2017

My Shining Knight

     David was a man "after God's own heart," yet he had flaws.  However, God loved him still, and continued to be with David, giving him victory throughout the battles and wars being fought.  David acknowledged God's mighty hand in his life when he wrote his song of praise to the Lord in 2 Samuel 22.  May we all acknowledge God's hand in our life.  The following is my praise for today.

      My Shining Knight!

The Lord is the rock of all,
My support, my solid wall.
He is my shield, the power who saves me
from troubles as deep as the spacious sea.
At the blast of His breathe and voice,
Let me rejoice, 
For He is my refuge;
My God, in whom I praise.

The heavens open at His command;
Power and force form from God's right hand. 
Dark clouds roll beneath his feet;
Only He can wash my body sweet. 
My Lord soars on the wings of the wind;
Blessings, sorrow -He evens the blend. 
His voice resounds; the Lord thunders!
View His wonders!

The Lord is my rescuer, my strength;
Only He knows my heart, to its depth and length.
He is my light in the night;
The spring of life, my shining Knight. 
He is the lamp unto my feet;
In Him, my heart rejoices with a hammering beat.

Who, but God, is my solid rock;
The Shepherd over all His flock?
Only He is worthy of praise;
Only He issues joy over my days. 

The Lord is like the light in morning's sunrise,
Working miracles within mine own eyes.
He is the glistening diamond of early morning dew;
                Praise Him!  Praise Him!
For He will recue, save, and the soul renew,
Like a kiss in the night; My shining Knight!
                             Mary Crisp Jameson

No comments:

Post a Comment