Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Friday, December 29, 2017

CALM

     I try to avoid anxiety as much as possible, but I can only do this through the peace of God.   Just knowing that He is in control settles my mind.  Yet, there are times, in my human weakness, that I allow my faith to fail me.   With this in mind, I need to give myself  a reminder of what Max Lucado wrote in his book, Anxious for Nothing.  He provides a new approach to the word, "calm."

C elebrate - God's goodness
A sk - for God's help
L eave- your concerns with Him
M editate - on good things

     I believe if I can apply this new approach when I am seeking CALM in my life, my worries and anxiety can be greatly diminished.  It is well worth the effort to just "give it to God." 

No comments:

Post a Comment