Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Tuesday, September 20, 2011

God- You'll just have to wait!

I usually find a friendly shade and post my blog on Sundays.  Somehow, for whatever reason, I just didn't take the time to think about what I wanted to say about God and what He has done for me so I didn't post.  I could make all kinds of excuses but it would be like say telling God that I was in too much of a hurry and He'd just have to wait.   Isn't that what most of us do every day?
                                       
Hurry And Wait!
I threw the cover from my arm as I shut off the alarm;
Then jumped from my bed to get everyone fed.
I’d overslept, but still got the floors all swept.
I threw on the wash, but I was late, “Oh my gosh!”
“At this rate, Lord, you’ll just have to wait.”

I rushed into work, and said “Hello” to the clerk.
It was half past eight, and I was running late.
As I sank into my job my head began to throb,
But soon it was ten, and I threw down my pen.

It was time for my break, and that’s something I’d take.
I’d enjoy the time for it was all mine.
I had to relax, find some coffee and snacks;
Read the news and get other people’s views.
As it came to an end I had more work to attend.
“I’m in such a state, Lord, you’ll still have to wait.”

I had unopened files which I stacked in different piles.
They were enough to make me swoon, but I planned to quit at noon. 
As I looked at my watch, my task looked top-notch. 
So I wrapped up loose ends to lunch with my friends.

 Reservations had been made, and all was prepaid.
As I entered Mel’s I knew there’d be stories to hear and to tell.
The noise was loud, coming from all of the crowd.
“Lord, it’s no time to pray- not in this café.
I’m sure it’s alright to wait till tonight.” 

At the end of the day there were events to convey;
Kids to get into bed and stories to be read;
There were movies to view and mail to go through.
Time was slipping by as I began to close my eye.
I crawled into bed -fluffed up the pillow as I laid down my head.   
“Lord, it’s awful late. I’m so sleepy you’ll just have to wait?”
                                                                 Mary Crisp Jameson  
Behold, I stand at the door, and knock… Revelations 4:20




                                                                

No comments:

Post a Comment