Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Sunday, March 25, 2012

Peace I Give You

     One of the most tragic things that can happen to a parent is to have their children injured and/or lose their lives in death.  I write this today in honor of a precious couple struggling with facing injuries requiring many surgeries for one child and the loss of another one through a tragic automobile accident.  There are no words that can be said to comfort them or uplift their hearts.  Only by knowing they are loved and by being supported and surrounded by friends can they find light from the darkness that envelopes them.  And only by having the strength given them through the love of Jesus and His promise that He will go and prepare a place can their veil of darkness penetrate into a feeling of hope.  Woe to those who do not have God in their lives.
    During a time like this it is good to remember that when Jesus hung on the cross there was a darkness over all the earth until the ninth hour.  The sun was darkened, and the veil of the temple was rent in the midst.  I can only imagine the pain that was God’s as he looked upon the face of His only Son nailed and hanging from that cross.  God was in true agony as He allowed His son to die so that all who believed on Him could be saved.  There lies our promise - that there is a forevermore life waiting for those who love Him.  For that I shout today from my wee small place designated as my ‘friendly shade’ and pray for my family and my friends as they travel  through the dark days ahead of them.  They are strong for they know there is hope in Jesus Christ.  Yet their days ahead will still be filled with heartache.  This heartache can be overcome with the peace they, as Christians, know about.  This peace comes from God.  Jesus has already lightened the burdens of their cross, and He did this when He laid Himself upon His own cross in a place called Calvary. 

 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you.  Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.:  John 14:27

And If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.  John 14:3

And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. 
Revelations 21:4  


No comments:

Post a Comment