Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Sunday, July 14, 2013

The Mountain Climb

     Just thinking about climbing a steep mountain scares me. The slope is steep and the terrain is treacherous and rugged.  A mountain climber has to train; he wants the best teacher available; a teacher who will help him learn the skill of safety to take on the climb.  Isn't that how life is?  We have to learn the skill of overcoming obstacles along our journey.  We need a lifeline.  We need the  best teacher available.  That teacher is God.  He is our safety harness; the One who helps us, quides us, and keeps us secure until He comes to take us home. 
       

Climb That Mountain

 One more step,
Just a few more miles.
One of these days, I’m gonna scale that mountain.
It’s just a cliff away,
But that’ll be, another day.

One more foothold,
Just another struggle to conquer.
One of these days, I’ll reach that mountain peak.
It’s just a reach away,
But I’ll touch it, some day.
 
One more valley,
Just another climb.
I’ll hike that mountain in due time.
It’s just beyond my grasp,
But, one day, it will be within my clasp.
 
One more sunset,
One more dawn.
Someday, I’ll reach that mountain top.
For now, it’s too tall and too far away,
But there’ll come a time, one day.

One of these days,
There’ll be a trail to blaze.
The climb will be steep,
With no time to sleep.
It’s just over the bright horizon,
Something beautiful; to me unknown.
 
 Look up toward the mountain top!
I’m gonna climb it; I just won’t stop!
Some may past me on the way.
But I’ll get there; it’ll happen, some day!
                                        Mary Crisp Jameson
 

No comments:

Post a Comment