Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Wednesday, October 16, 2013

What's On My Mind? Facebook Friends!


     What’s on my mind? … It’s my facebook friends!
     I was away from “A Friendly Shade” for a few days, and it was my facebook friends who kept me close to the home front.    
     Although folks don’t visit and call each other as often as they once did in the past, facebook friends have become a circle of friends who are staying in touch, encouraging each other with positive talk, sharing news of interest, and praying for each other.  Whether in times of trouble or need or by just being a friend remembering another, we are a circle who are holding hands around the globe and networking with each other. 
      I got so uplifted just thinking about my friends and, and must say, “Proud to live in the South.”  I do not think you will find a group of more loving people; people who are not ashamed to ask for a much needed prayer chain for themselves, friends, family, and even unnamed problems or persons.  When people are in trouble my facebook friends  reach out to each other even at times we don’t even realize it.  For example; in my rush to get to the office, I suddenly realized that my speedometer was not at all near the required speed.  At that moment, I hit my cruise, lowered my speed, took a deep breathe, relaxed, and offered up a prayer for all my facebook friends.  I am sure, that at that very moment, I also had a facebook guardian angel praying for me or else there was someone lifting me up in prayer.  I say this because, a few minutes later, I passed one of those dreaded, white cars with the bar across the top.  I am so thankful for the guardian angel who saved me from seeing the flashing blue lights that would surely have suddenly brightened the horizon if I had not, only seconds before, reduced my speed. “Thank you, guardian angel!”
     Not only do my facebook friends reach out in prayer, but I seldom see a negative comment.  My friends are so quick to offer encouragement with their positive comments and often good-natured humor.  I find myself laughing out loud as comical every day events are shared.  Positive words have such a power over our lives, and my facebook friends are my “Joel Osteen” daily book of encouragement.    
     I also drool over the shared recipes which crop up every day.  It’s better than a “Southern Living” cook book. My facebook friends help me fill up binders upon binders of enticing recipes; however, I must say, they have yet to instill in me a desire to get out my pots and pans.   Much too labor intensive!  I could, however, be persuaded to become a professional sampler!
     I enjoy, so much, pictures and events posted which occur during their vacations away from home.  Where else can you find so many different ideas on vacation spots of interest?
     So, back to, “What’s on my mind?” 
     I am learning so much from my friends, and they are helping me see how much I need to improve in ways that I never saw before.  I would like to be more like them.  Facebook friends are loving, friendly, prayerful, encouragers, humorous, gracious, uplifting, a circle holding each other up, news reporters, networkers, travel agents, rescuers, teachers,  good cooks, guardian angels, and so much more. 
     I thank God for each and every one of you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment