Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Praying the Bible

     Often, it is hard to know what to pray or how to pray.  There is a book written by Donald Whitney which outlines a method in his Praying the Bible.  I have not ordered the book or read it, but I have began to try and pray the Bible as I read the scriptures.   In John 14 of  The Message, I read the words of Jesus to his disciples which occurred just before His capture and death on the cross.  He stated, "The person who knows my commandments and keeps them, that's who loves me.  And the person who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and make myself plain to him."
     So my prayer today is that I will know God's commandments and His Word and I will keep them.  I pray I can be an example to others as they see me keeping God's commandments.  I further pray that as I study God's Word my thoughts will be focused on Him, and His love for me will radiate out from me to others. 








No comments:

Post a Comment