Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Friday, March 1, 2019

What Does The Bible Say? Part 4

Issue... Part 4

     We are in the midst of adversity over building a wall.  The opposing parties have, in times past, said how much there was a need for a wall so that immigrants can enter our country legally.  But now, in order only to oppose our President, they say there is no need and it is "immoral."
    In President Trump's State of the Union he stated "We don't build walls because we hate the people on the outside but because we love the people on the inside."  I for one, want the people inside our country to live safely, and I want people to enter our country legally.  
     In comparison, God loves His people.  When we prepare to be brought before heaven's gate (the big wall), we will enter heaven based on the decree of God (legally).  "For God so lived the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life." 
     So, WHAT DOES THE BIBLE SAY about a wall?

Nehemiah 2:17-20  "Then said I unto them, Ye see the distress that we are in, how Jerusalem lieth waste, and the gates thereof are burned with fire: come, and let us build up the wall of Jerusalem, that we be no more a reproach.  Then I told them of the hand of my God which was good upon me; as also the king's words that he had spoken unto me. And they said, Let us rise up and build. So they strengthened their hands for this good work.  But when Sanballat the Horonite, and Tobiah the servant, the Ammonite, and Geshem the Arabian, heard it, they laughed us to scorn, and despised us, and said, What is this thing that ye do? will ye rebel against the king?  Then answered I them, and said unto them, The God of heaven, he will prosper us; therefore we his servants will arise and build: but ye have no portion, nor right, nor memorial, in Jerusalem.

Proberbs 25:28  He that hath no rule over his own spirit is like a city that is broken down, and without walls.  

Psalm 51:18 
Do good in thy good pleasure unto Zion: build thou the walls of Jerusalem.

Psalm 122:7  Peace be within thy  walls, and prosperity within thy palaces.

Revelation 21:1a;12a  "And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: ... And had a wall great and high,..."

     I pray people don't get caught up in indecision with one foot on one side of the wall, the other foot planted firmly in opposition on the other side, and miss entering the Gates of Paradise.   I further pray for peace and harmony within our great nation.   Romans 12:16 "Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits."

I pray that America will become great again.  We need healing.  I pray we become strong in the grace of God;"One nation under God."   2 Chronicles 7:14 "If my people, which are called by my  name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."


No comments:

Post a Comment