Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Keeping the Faith

     Many often ask, "How do I keep my faith when bad things happen?" or some may say, "How do I tell others about Jesus when I may be scorned or laughed at?"

     Paul gives us an example of what we must do and trials to expect.  But it is all worth it for the cause of Christ.
     After Paul's conversion on the way to Damascus, he lived his life for God.  In 2 Corinthians he describes many of the trails he faced as a missionary to the people.
     "Paul was jailed, beaten and at death's door.  He was flagged 5 times with the Jew's 39 lashes, beaten by Roman rods 3 times, pummeled with rocks once.  he was shipwrecked 3 times, and immersed in the open sea for a night and a day.  He was in hard traveling year in and year out.  He had to ford rivers, fend off robbers, struggle with friends, struggle with foes.  He'd been at risk in the city, at risk in the country, endangered by desert sun and sea storm, and betrayed by those he though were his brothers.  He knew drudgery and hard labor, many a lonely night without sleep, many a missed meal, blasted by the cold, naked to the weather.  He knew daily pressures and anxieties of all churches.  He felt humiliation.  He even had to crawl through a window in the wall, let down in a basket, and run for his life"
     Why did Paul do it all? And, how did he keep the faith?  The answer is given.  The Lord said, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness."  Paul states, "Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.  I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then I am strong."

No comments:

Post a Comment