Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Light in the Heart

     I always prefer light to darkness.  Not only do I want my yard to be lite up, but I want my heart to be bright and shiny too.  Maybe, that is why I enjoyed reading The Message version of 2 Corinthians. 

"We don't fence you in.  The smallness you feel comes from within you.  Your lives aren't small, but you are living them in a small way.  I'm speaking as plainly as I can and with great affection.  Open up your lives.  Live openly and expansively!"

     If I can remove the smallness in my life by the way I live and think, and with love toward others, then I believe my heart will be lite with light through Jesus Christ. 

     To enhance my understanding I also read the KJV and the NIV versions.

KJV: "O ye Corinthians, our mouth is open unto you, our heart is enlarged.  Ye are not straitened in us, but ye are straitened in your own bowels.  Now for a recompense in the same (I speak as unto my children,) be ye also enlarged."

NIV: "We have spoken freely to you Corinthians, and opened wide our hearts to you.  We are not withholding our affection from you, but you are withholding yours from us.  As a fair exchange-I speak as to my children- open wide your hearts also." 

No comments:

Post a Comment