Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Monday, October 25, 2021

Follow Me!

      When Jesus started His ministry and called His first disciples, He said, "Follow me!"  We are told in Matthew 4:22, "Immediately they left their boat and father and followed Him."  I question, "Is my faith great enough to do the same."

     "Follow me!" comes a voice, giving a choice.
     The excuse comes in a whiny hum, "I do not have the skill."
     "Follow me.  You will.  Walk my way, this day."
     I question what I will continue to say?  
     Will I be brave or in weakness remain a worldly slave?
     Am I convicted that Jesus is not limited or restricted?
     "Follow me!" again comes the voice, so small.
     Will I say with joyful sigh, "Here am I" as Jesus stands waiting while I am hesitating? 

     

     

     

     

No comments:

Post a Comment