Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Thursday, October 28, 2021

Goals

 I am a firm believer in setting goals, although they often may change or never get accomplished, but when they do I find fulfillment.

     My devotion with "In Touch" stated that goals are a part of the Christian life: "First is salvation.  Next God gives us an opportunity to serve.  Then comes frustrated inadequacy which  leads into dependence on Jesus and brings us closer to our ultimate goal: becoming a reflection of Christ."

    The inadequacy part hit home.  Many times when I crawl into bed, I get this sensation of restlessness.  "What have I missed today?" or "What have I left undone?"  Maybe my thoughts on missing the mark for the day should go something like:  
                                                        G oing
                                                        O n
                                                        A ltered
                                                        L ongings
     And my prayer should be: What goals should I have changed to meet God's intended purpose.  Let me find and seek to fulfill them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment