Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Friday, March 24, 2023

Forgive

I have done my last 2 posts from a spin off of Ephesians 4:30-31 on grieving God when we do not forgive.  “And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Get rid all bitterness, rage, and anger, brawling and slander, aong with every form of malice.” Today is my final and 3rd post on forgiveness in the way of a poem. 

Forgive 
The burden is great;
Such a heavy weight.
I’m angry inside.
I have cried
From feelings I cannot hide.
Then there’s my pride
Self-pity’s a tough, hard ride.
It’s making me sick;
My heart frozen thick-
The pain within pricks
like 2-edged sticks.
I’ve said it before,
I can’t suffer more.
“Please, God, open a door.”
Then I heard
A simple word,
Forgive!
Live!
Get rid of hate;
Grudges eliminate.
Don’t wait!
Love and malice don’t mate.
The offense, ignore.
Grieve no more;
Heretofore.

Mary Crisp Jameson 3/22/2023


No comments:

Post a Comment