Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Friday, March 10, 2023

Prayer

     Prayer is a spiritual weapon.  In Ephesians, Paul describes some of the elements of the armor of God, listing prayer as the main one. Ephesians 6:18 tells us, "Pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. ...be alert and keep on praying..." We all know that Satan "roams to and fro"? Below I reinforce my reasons for prayer.

Prayer
Satan roams from here to there
Trying to catch me unaware.
My shield is prayer;
My one defense  
When weak and tense,
For I’m not exempt
When Satan tempts.
Night and day, 
Prayer is the way.
When hit with flattery, tricks,
And fleshly desires amid the mix 
By the deceitful charmer,
I need God’s armor;
God’s powers-
Minutes and hours.
Prayer is where it’s at, 
When Satan sneaks into my habitat. 
 Mary Crisp Jameson 3/9/2023 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment