Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Monday, March 6, 2023

Hand in the Cookie Jar

     Paul wrote in 2 Corinthians, “For though I caused you sorrow by my letter, I do not regret it; though I did regret it – for I see that that letter caused you sorrow, though only for a while.”

     This reminds me of being caught with my hand “in the cookie jar”. I was sorry I got caught, but my sorrow did not last long, especially if there was no punishment applied. With that in mind, I would probably swipe another cookie really soon when no one was looking, and I would be more cautious about doing it. 

     If regret does not go deep enough, there are repeat offenses which eventually will bring deep consequences.  Rest assured, our deeds will find us out. 

     Only deep regret and a true desire to turn away from wrong will win us lasting rewards when we will finally hear, “Well done, good and faithful servant!...Come and share your master's happiness.”

No comments:

Post a Comment