Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Wednesday, May 24, 2023

A Splinter in My Eye

 One of my devotionals this morning was about the the plank or the splinter in the eye. I know from experience how painful that can be, but it is not about the physical pain as much as the mental pain to self and others. We all have those flakes of dust in our eye from time to time only we don't realize they are there, because we are too busy seeing the one in someone else's eye. 

A Splinter in My Eye

 

I cannot lie

Or deny, 

I have a splinter in my eye.

It’s just a speck of wood

But doing me no good.

It messes with perception; 

Causes deception;

Stirs a bad reaction.

This splinter is just a speck

But a noose around my neck.

It blinds the mind;

Blurs the vision;

Causes division,

Controls decision.

With a sinner’s sigh,

I cry,

Not to grow old 

And cold

With a splinter still in my eye.

 

Mary Crisp Jameson  5/24/2023 

 

“Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?” How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is plank in your own eye?” Matthew 7:3-4  NIV 

No comments:

Post a Comment