Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Monday, May 1, 2023

Birthday

 My husband came into the living area last night and confessed, "I am in trouble." I looked up and questioned, "Over what?" He replied, "I forgot to get you a birthday card for tomorrow." He was being so considerate, I decided to relieve his troubled heart and said, "That okay. At this age it does not matter." When I woke to a new day this morning, I thought, "Hmmm, think I will write my own birthday thoughts." So here goes: 

My Birthday

 

Hello wonderful day?

God, you got it already going my way.

I just want to say, “Glory Be!” 

It’s me.

I can hear and still see.

I’m seventy-five 

And alive!”

God, it appears 

You’re letting me live my years-

In no hurry

To ease my quarry

Over these wrinkles and lines

That adorn my face and shine-

Or this thinning hair

And aches getting out of a chair.

Ever tighter is getting this knitwear

Around my person,

And it seems to only worsen.

But that’s okay.

Even as my hair turns gray,

I’m happy on, this, my birthday.

I’ll kick up my heels, play,

And try not to sinfully stray.

I know, one day, you’ll take my hand

Before I decay.

So, I’m happy to just sat and pray.

 

Mary Crisp Jameson 5/1/2023 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment