Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Saturday, May 20, 2023

Right Timing

 A lot of ladies, like myself, get excited when.early spring appears. I want my flower beds and flower pots planted. This year I really rushed the season a bit. 
     I always plant a very red geranium in my patio pot, but in the early season a red one was no where to be found. I went against my better judgment and purchased a very dark pink thinking it would do just as well, yet I knew in my heart it was not the red one I really wanted. As a few weeks passed and the longer I looked at that pink geranium,  I realized I had to hav the red, and they could now be found in several gardening stores. I could not help myself- I purchased what I really wanted! 
     This rush to settle instead of "waiting" for the right timing ended up costing me stress, time, labor, and money.  How often in life do we jump the gun to have it NOW?  It seems I am the cause of much of my own dissatisfaction and problems.
    How often do I tell God, "I want it! And I want it now? It would do good for me to remember that God's timing is not my timing. He knows best!

No comments:

Post a Comment