Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Wednesday, October 11, 2023

How to Pray

Many hesitate to pray because they think, "I don't know how." Yet, God gives us an example in the Lord's Prayer. More than that, God just wants us to have a simple conversation with Him and tell Him what is on our hearts. He hears, and He listens no matter how we choose to talk with Him. We just need to be humble and use His name with respect and in gratitude, then we are to believe.

Prayer 

 

I was given a way to pray.

God gave an ample example:

To begin with: 

“Our Father who art in Heaven.”

 

Jesus said, 

“Whatever you ask in My name.”

 

The names mean the same.

They are One!

And, I must believe for it to be done.

Though I stumble, 

I must come humble. 

 

When I pray, 

I’m to remember, 

When all looks improbable, 

With God, 

All things are possible.

Apart from Him,

I can do nothing

But He does something.

 

In prayer

And in every aspect, 

His name I am to respect

And let it set my heart aflame;

 

When I pray, let me give praise

To the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

Let their names be within my fingertips

And on my lips. 

 

Mary Crisp Jameson 10/11/2023 

 

“And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be gloried in the Son.” John 14:13 KJV

No comments:

Post a Comment