Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Woke Up Rich

 I woke up this morning to a funny text message showing the image of a little girl with a sleepy face holding a cup with the quote, "Really had my heart set on waking up rich today." It seemed funny, and I instantly had the negative thought, "That's the story of my life." 
     After that I flipped to my morning devotional which was about the man who was so rich he had to build bigger barns for his abundant crops thinking that now he could take his ease, eat, drink, and be merry but lost his soul that very night. 
     My negative thought about the funny text changed, because I am rich. I have Jesus, and He is the greatest treasure I could ever hope to gain. Therefore, I would have to change the quote with the little girl holding the cup to, "I woke up rich today!" 
     God works in wondrous ways to set a happy pace for our days! We just have to look for it.

1 comment:

  1. I fear that I fail to use all that He gives me to the best of my ability.

    ReplyDelete