Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Sunday, October 8, 2023

How Do You Want To Respond?

For those of us who knew our Dads, they were not perfect. They made mistakes. They had both strengths and weaknesses. Mine could be harsh, but he was loving as well. 
     In my devotional this morning, it asked the question, "How do you want to respond to your Father? Of course, the question was referring to the perfect Father, and Jesus gave us that image. He held children tenderly, ministered to the sick and showed compassion to the undeserving. The Father loves unconditionally and listens to our prayers. He is a forgiving Father. 
     My answer to the question of how I want to respond to my Heavenly Father is: I want to love you, listen to you, talk to you, study about you, praise you, obey you, and thank you. I also look forward to meeting you face to face, kneeling before you, and praising you in person. I long for my Father's eternal hug.
     I would say that I want to praise Him in song, but I will only be able to do that if God gives me a singing voice and an ear for music; however, I can still do that in heart. 


No comments:

Post a Comment