Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Wisdom

Solomon was given great wisdom, and he had much to say regarding it. Solomon was the one who said, "Vanity, Vanity, all is vanity." However, he went on to tell us about looking to the Lord for happiness. As I was considering all this, I wrote the following. 

Wisdom

 

I asked for wisdom

But God gave me more.

He promised to walk before.

He gave me understanding

That wisdom is to fear God

And, in Him, be awed. 

With wisdom, 

I did not find riches, silver, or gold

But a Holy Spirit living within my soul;

A God too great to behold.

I could not look upon His face

But I found grace.

With wisdom

I did not find an exciting career

But a God standing near,

Listening, ready to hear.

I did not find contentment with increase or what was built,

But found forgiveness in my guilt.

I did not find delight in desires,

But rather pleasure doing what God requires.

With wisdom, 

I found the world full of vanity

But was led to Christianity.

I prayed for wisdom,

But God promised more;

An eternal home when I enter Heaven’s door.

 

Mary Crisp Jameson 10/4/2023 

 

“The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge but fools despise wisdom and instruction.  Proverbs 1:7

 

 

1 comment: