There are several verses on “a merry heart.” Today, as in every day, I strive to find laughter! I believe it is a weapon with healing power! Better than vitamins! I invite all my readers to strive to find joy and laughter, for “Today is the day the Lord has made.”
Following are a few good verses on “a merry heart.”
Proverbs 17:22a “A merry heart doeth good like a medicine.”
Proverbs 15:15b “He that is of a merry heart hath a continual feast.”
Proverbs 15:13a “A merry heart maketh a cheerful countenance.”
Proverbs 17:22a “A merry heart doeth good like a medicine.”
Laughter and joy seem to go hand-in-hand. Aside from the verses above, I also found a few good quotes of interest.
“We don’t laugh because we’re happy – we’re happy because we laugh.” – William James
“A day without laughter is a day wasted.”- Charlie Chaplin
“Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face.” -Victor Hugo
“Joy is God’s smile; love is God’s laughter.” – John O’Donahue
“Your body cannot heal without play. Your mind cannot heal without laughter. Your soul cannot heal without joy.” – Catherine Ripperger Fenwick
“To truly laugh, you must be able to take your pain, and play with it.” -Charlie Chaplin
“You don’t stop laughing when you grow old, you grow old when you stop laughing.” – George Bernard Shaw
“The human race has one really effective weapon, and that is laughter.” Mark Twain
No comments:
Post a Comment