Have you ever been stuck? I got stuck one time in a mud hole. The car would not not go forward, and it would not go backward so matter how I gunned the engine. It took another truck to pull me out. What a relief that was!
There are other ways of being stuck. Stuck in anger, stuck in resentment, stuck in the humdrum of life, stuck in loneliness...does this ring a bell? It often takes something or other to pull you out. Often that something can just be “you” or better yet, a relationship with God.
It may take a change of “thinking”- or a change by getting out of “self” into someone else to get “unstuck.”
When I find myself about to get stuck, I like to, first, pick up my Bible and talk to the One who is always there. God goes before! His guidance pulls me out of the mire. After that I like to “get busy,” and/or think about doing something for someone else.
I like James 4:8, “Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.” With God, there is peace, and there is no need to feel “stuck.” in life.
No comments:
Post a Comment