Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Thursday, March 10, 2016

The One True Book

    The Bible is an engaging book which reveals the nature of God and the teachings of Jesus.  Each time I read it or do a biblical study I learn more about God's love.  Of all the books I have read or own, my Bible is the most prized of them all.  It is my Daily Bread!  In fact, if I go many days here in "A Friendly Shade" without reading, talking to God, or listening to a gospel message I actually began to feel lonely.  My joy begins to slip away.  Only God and His Word can give me true peace and comfort.

Hebrews 4:12  For the word of God is alive and active.  Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.


The One True Book
I've traveled the world, but not been everywhere;
tossed aside, yet fragile from wear.
Often laid abandoned, covered in dust;
freely chosen by those who trust.
Past, present, and future, I can explain;
Peace and comfort I give to ease your pain.
The young and the old find joy in me-
I share life across the land, across the sea.
Direction, guidance, truth-
I'm here to tudor the elderly and youth.
From cover to cover there are stories galore,
with the faithful seeking more.
Rejected, abandoned, scorned
by those forewarned.
Loved, cherished, sought
by those who find wonder my pages hath brought.
I am life
to children, husband, and wife.
I am alive!
With me, ye shall thrive.
I share the way to mansions bright,
the Cross, and pathway to the Light.
Read me, share, me- I am the Bread!
A must to the family and its head.
I am the Old and the New,
the gospel that is true.
I am the Bible, God's Holy Word,
spreading across the world until all have heard.
                                                               Mary Crisp Jameson  

No comments:

Post a Comment