Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Sunday, January 14, 2018

Building the Temple

     1 Chronicles begins with a series of genealogies that trace the roots of God's chosen people.  I have to admit I have a tendency to skip over this list of names which identifies and sums up the history of the people, and I fail to identity with their characters and spiritual choices which is an important aspect in understanding their failures and their successes. 
     For instance, in Chapter 28,  I closed in on David's advice to Solomon, "And Solomon, my son, learn to know the God of your ancestors intimately.  Worship and serve him with your whole heart and a willing mind. For the Lord sees every heart and knows every plan and thought.  If you seek him, you will find him.  But if you forsake him, he will reject you forever.  So take this seriously.  The Lord has chosen you to build a Temple as his sanctuary.  Be strong, and do the work."   Solomon did, indeed, seek God and he was given great wisdom, riches, and success. 
     I believe, I too, should build my temple by studying His Word and by preparing my heart and mind to seek God.  This is an on-going process.  Just as David gave Solomon plans for building the temple, God has given me His plans for building my temple.  I must "be strong and do the work."

No comments:

Post a Comment