Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Monday, January 1, 2018

New Year 2018

     Did you ever watch the movie, Planes, Trains, and Automobiles?  If not, it is about a man trying to get home for Thanksgiving.  His flight is rerouted and he is forced to hook up with a talkative, annoying guy.  The insanity of the road trip becomes rather comical as the man loses all control over his travel plans.
     I honestly do not know why I thought of this movie, this first day of 2018, but it left me with thoughts of who will be flying my plane, who will be in charge of my train, and/or who will be navigating my car this coming year. 
     Just who will be in charge of my destination and how will I get there in 2018?  If I try to course my direction along, I will be deep trouble and it will not only be comical but sad.  Only if I let God take charge and follow His direction, will I be able to experience the rewards ahead.
     I pray that 2018 finds me letting God take the leading role and be my navigator.  I further pray for wisdom to forge forward, seeking His will, after acknowledging my sinful ways and accepting His forgiveness.
     In the words of Max Lucado, "There is a reason the windshield is bigger than the rearview mirror.  Your future matters more than the past."

     I pray that the year of 2018 will be bigger, brighter, and more promising to all.  Let us all strive to give God more of ourselves, more of our love, more of our praise to Him, and more of our time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment