Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Sunday, January 7, 2018

New Year Resolution

      It is a little late for New Year resolutions, besides, I have never been one to keep them anyway, but as I was thinking about making improvements I considered the fact that usually my resolutions have always been about me; losing weight, forming a more consistent exercise program, eating healthier, and developing a better budget.  These are not bad resolutions,  but I wonder if I could be more consistent by making resolutions around God instead of around me.     I am not referring to just reading the Bible through in a year but more about:

1. Slowing down in order to allow God time to speak 
Psalm 85:8  "I will hear what God the Lord will speak: for he will speak peace unto his people, and to his saints: but let them not turn again to folly."

2. Considering His will rather than mine
Matthew 4:19  "And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men."

3. Developing boldness to witness for Him
Matthew 28:19 "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost."

4. Scheduling more time for God
Matthew 6:33  "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."

5. Budgeting better so I can give more to Him
 Malachi 3:8 "Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings."

6. Be more loving toward others
Matthew 5:44 "But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you."

 

 

 

 

       

No comments:

Post a Comment