Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Saturday, January 27, 2018

Fallow Ground

     It is not even the end of January and certainly not the end of cold weather, yet my thoughts are all about cleaning the frozen, wilted greens and weeds out of my small garden.  Hosea 10:12 tells us to "break up your fallow ground."  After looking up the meaning of fallow ground, you might say that is what my garden is at the present moment.  It is currently unproductive, filled with weeds, and unprepared for new growth. 
     I suppose my life could also be fallow ground if I do not continually work to maintain it.  The full verse of Hosea 10:12 says, "Sow with a view to righteousness;  Reap in accordance with kindness; Break up your fallow ground.  For it is time to seek the Lord until He comes to rain righteousness on you."
     I pray that I seek daily to "break up my fallow ground" spiritually.  I pray that I seek to remove the thorns of worldliness, deceit, and evil habits.  Help me Lord to prepare my heart with seeds of righteousness, love, and kindness.  Let not my ground become fallow and unusable.    

    

No comments:

Post a Comment