Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Monday, October 22, 2018

The Thief

The Thief

     He comes to be embraced!  He is a thief!  That's right, the new neighbor puppy, Patfoot, just loves to sneak up to me, knowing she is going to get a hug, knowing she is going to trail me on my daily walk, and knowing she will get another hug when the walk is over.  However, she is a thief!  Since her arrival, I have found several things missing; yet things of no value.  I have no idea where she hides them for she is smart and cunning, grabbing them when no one is looking.  I was told if I did not see her, she should be innocent until proven guilty.  But by my estimation, the proof is: 1.  She roams my yard  2.  Things didn't disappear until Patfoot arrived  3.  I see her in my yard  4.  Her footprints remain, both in my yard and in my heart.
     He comes to be embraced!  He is a thief!  That's right, the devil loves to sneak up on me.  He wants to be embraced and to entice me, knowing he can trail me on my daily walk, and knowing that if I slip up he can steal what I value most.  He is cunning!  He can steal my relationship with God.  He can steal my joy, my peace, and my Christian witness.  He can delay and hinder the blessings God has planned for me.  He is guilty beyond a shadow of a doubt.  How do I know?  He said so himself in Job when asked by God where he had been.  He said, "Roaming throughout the earth going back and forth."  And yes, in that roaming, he often comes to my house, although I try to ignore him and not him invite him in.  I do not wish to embrace him.  He steals!  I was warned of this in John 10:10, "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy..."  Yes, the devil wants to destroy me.  If I let him in, he will leave the scars of his footprints. 
     He comes to be embraced!  He comes to reward and save!  This is no thief.  This Almighty One, I desire to invite into my life and my home.  I desire to embrace Him daily.  Jesus has my heart!  He shed His very blood for me.  He comes to bless me and to save all that I value most!  John 10:10b, "...I  am come that they may have life, and that they might it abundantly."   For all He gives, He asks nothing in return except to "Believe in Him!"

No comments:

Post a Comment