Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Tuesday, January 1, 2019

#2018 vs. 2019

     As 2019 rolls in, I have to ask, "What did I do in 2018?"
1.  I vacationed with my church group in Israel.  This was a once in a lifetime experience.  I can't believe I was actually able to walk where Jesus walked.  However, I did not have to journey to Israel to walk with Jesus.  He walks  with me everywhere I am - every day.
2.  I lost weight, but then I gained it back.  It seems my weight likes to walk with me too.
3.  I completed a Bible Study class and actually did not miss an assignment.  This took determination.
4.  I continued reading through the Bible.  This was and is rewarding.  I can never stop learning and getting to know my God.  To be able to study God's Word is a true blessing.
5.  I refinished my grandmother's dresser/washstand which is about 100 years old.  I rate this with pride as an accomplishment. 
6.  I enjoyed a trip to Branson with my brother and his wife.  This was a quality few days with family.
7.  I kept in touch and met for visits with my sisters.  I just can't get enough of family.
8.  I watched a lot of Hallmark movies; some new and some repeats.  This took care of a few boring moments, but then it also created boredom.
9.  I ended the year with two sets of family.  Although busy, I will cherish the moments.
     So what do I propose to accomplish in 2019?  I hope to, daily, whip up my own 3-cup recipe as follows: 
                1 cup of kindness
                1 cup of forgiveness
                1 cup of love
        Mix these together until well-blended and share with all whom I come in contact. 
     I end this with Paul's closing letter in 2 Corinthians, "...Be joyful.  Grow to maturity.  Encourage each other.  Live in harmony and peace.  Then the God of love and peace will be with you."  Happy New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment