Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Monday, January 14, 2019

Mouth Issues

     The new year always finds me resolving to do better with reinforcing healthy eating and controlling my weight.  There is much to be said about gluttony and how much I put into my mouth.  However, it is just not excessive eating which defines gluttony.  When I consider what enters my mouth, I also have to consider what Jesus told Peter in Matthew 15:17-20a  "Do you not yet understand that whatever enters the mouth goes into the stomach and is eliminated?  But those things which proceed out of the mouth come from the heart, and they defile a man.  For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies.  These are the things which defile a man..." 
     May the new year also find me resolving to control what comes out of my mouth and my heart. 






No comments:

Post a Comment