Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Wednesday, February 27, 2019

What Does The Bible Say? Part 2

More on issues at hand...
     I am not a doctor and do not know the specifics of how or when a life begins.  But I believe life starts in the womb, and it is a gift of God, not to be taken lightly or aborted at will.  The baby in the womb is a child; an actual breathing, feeling, human-being created by God.  
     So, "What does the Bible say?" Following are among a few:   

Psalm 127:3 "Lo, children are an heritage of the Lord: and the fruit of the womb is his reward."
Psalm 139:14-16  "I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.  My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.  Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them."
Psalm 127:3 "Lo, children are an heritage of the Lord and the fruit of the womb is His reward."
Isaiah 44:24 "Thus saith the Lord, thy redeemer, and He that formed thee from the womb, I am the Lord that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself."
Isaiah 49:15 "Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of he womb?  yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee."
Jeremiah 1:5 "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations." 
Matthew 5:21  Ye have heard that it was said of them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment."
Deuteronomy 24:16 "The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers: every man shall be put to death for his own sin."
Exodus 21:22 "if men strive, and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart from her, and yet no mischief follow: he shall be surely punished according as the woman's husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine."
Matthew 19:14  "But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for such is the kingdom of heaven."
Luke 1:44 "For lo, as soon as the voice of thy salutation sounded in mine ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy."
     There are so many more verses to be researched and found in order to made sound decisions on moral issues.  Let us not forget Matthew 7:12 "Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets."
     So, WHAT DOES THE BIBLE SAY? 


No comments:

Post a Comment