Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Faith

 Quotes are a fun way of communicating ideas. I found the following quotes about faith in a book called The Treasure Chest so I thought I would post a few here as a reminder to myself for the times I struggle with letting God be in control and the times I forget that my joy lies in my faith in God to handle all.  

"Faith is not belief without proof, but trust without reservations." Elton Trueblood  

"Faith is a boomerang; begin using what you have and it comes back to you in greater measure."  Charles L. Allen 

"Fear imprisons, faith liberates; fear paralyzes, faith empowers; fear disheartens, faith encourages; fear sickens, faith heals; fear makes useless, faith makes serviceable - and, most of all, fear puts hopelessness at the heart of life, while faith rejoices in its God."  Harry Emerson Fosdick 

"We shall be made truly wise if we be made content; content, too, not only with what we can understand, but content with what we do not understand - the habit of mind which theologians call, and rightly, faith in God."  Charles Kingsley

The above was all a fun and meaningful read, but more importantly is what Scripture tells us about faith:

Hebrews 11:1, "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."
2 Corinthians 5:7, "For we walk by faith, not by sight."

No comments:

Post a Comment