Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Saturday, November 6, 2021

Quality vs Quantity

  There is much to be said about the difference between quality (a measure of excellence) versus quantity (a numerical value, such as time).  In discussing which God prefers, I believe He would say, "Quality! But don't stop there.   Give me quantity, as well." 

    Quality does not mean a quick on the run prayer.  It means stopping and being sincere.  It means praise in bad times as well as good.  Quantity means taking time.  When I put them both together it means an earnest pursue to seek God.  In order to give both quality and quantity, I asked myself,  "What am I willing to give up?  Am I willing to give up a movie, the reading of a good novel, a phone conversation to pass the time with a friend, and so on?  What will give me more joy and more peace?  What does God prefer I do?"

     So, I ask,  "Am I willing to give both quality and quantity to God?  Am I willing to give both the time and energy to do what it takes to sincerely pursue Christ."

 

No comments:

Post a Comment