Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Sunday, March 4, 2018

Chose Who You Will Serve

     When I think about who I want to walk beside every day, the One who comes to mind is Jesus.  That is who the disciples also decided they wanted to walk with and to have a relationship with.  When Jesus says, "Follow me," we all have to make a choice, just as the disciples did. 
     The disciples chose to follow Him.  They chose to accept Him as their Master.  They chose to have faith in Him.  They chose to love Him.  Yet, when I read about Peter, he also chose to deny Jesus.  Judas chose to betray Jesus.  The difference between Peter and Judas was that Peter  chose to ask for forgiveness, and received peace. 
     What were their rewards for following Jesus?  They saw Jesus "hush the wind and calm the sea." They saw Him heal the lame and the blind.  They watched as He cast out demons.  They saw Him raise the dead.  They saw Him carry His own cross.  They saw Him mocked and scorned.  They saw Him carry His own cross to a death in which He died for them and for all mankind.  They knew His love. 
     What are my rewards?   I have a Savior who hears my every request.  I have salvation through His grace.  I have forgiveness when I fail Him, if I choose to ask.  I have His love and His peace which "surpasses all understanding." 

No comments:

Post a Comment