Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Saturday, March 3, 2018

Follow Me

     Day 3 on the Sea of Galilee --- I am finding that so many important events happened in and around the Sea of Galilee.   


     In Matthew 4 the beginning of Jesus's ministry, which is right after his temptation in the wilderness, starts in Capernaum near the sea.  "And leaving Nazareth, he came and dwelt in Capernaum, which is upon the sea coast, in the borders of Zabulon and Nephthalim:...The land of Zabulon, and the land of Nephthalim, by the way of the sea, beyond Jordan, Galilee of the Gentiles..."
     There, He called some disciples as he walked by the Sea, making them "fishers of men."
     He taught and healed multitudes of people from Galilee...
     He calmed the Sea when his disciples pleaded to be saved from its wrath during a storm.
     He fed the five thousand with only five loaves of bread and two fishes. After they had eaten, "Straighway, Jesus constrained his disciples to get into a ship..."
     It was after this that "Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water."  Peter had the faith, although short-lived, to step out and walk on the water.
     Jesus did so much, not only around the Sea of Galilee but elsewhere, as well.  While He was walking here upon the earth in human form, I must remember the one reason He came was to call us to Him; to believe in Him. 
     As I associate all the events during His ministry around the Sea of Galilee and in other areas, the  one most important fact to remember is when He said, "Follow me."       Time after time in scripture, Jesus says, "Follow Me."
     To the disciples, he said, "Follow me."
     To the young scribe he said, "Follow me."
     To the Tax Collector he said, "Follow me."
     To Levi, the son of Alphaeus he said, "Follow me."
     To me, to His sheep, he says, "Follow me."

John 8:12 "Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, “I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.”
 
John 10:27 "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.
    
    
     


     
     

No comments:

Post a Comment