Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Easter

     Seldom do I miss church, and I cannot remember the last time I missed an Easter Sunday.  This next Easter Sunday may be an exception.  I have long since stopped buying special "Easter" frocks, because Easter Sunday is about Jesus, the crucifixion and the resurrection, not in the way I dress.  However, in my humanness, I will probable miss this Easter because of some recent surgery.  I had a rather large basal cell cancer removed from the top of my nose which also required the skin to be reconstructed to cover the surgical area.  It required 70 stitches with 40 of those on the exterior surface.  These stitches were removed this week, leaving bright red areas covering the nose, with instructions not to apply makeup for 30 days.  NO MAKEUP! Are you kidding me?  That, in itself, is enough to keep me away from large public crowds.  Vanity! Vanity!  I know...  
     On the other hand, how do I prepare for Easter?  It should not be in dinner menus, cosmetic makeup, or in dress attire, but in my heart.
   
E mbrace Jesus
A spire to love Him more
S tay attuned to His Word
T ake time to form a relationship with Him
E nter into praise for His death, burial, and resurrection
R eflect on the victory of life over death and the return of Jesus

Oh, Lord, let me celebrate Easter and the miracle it represents.  

No comments:

Post a Comment