Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Monday, March 12, 2018

Interceder

     The In Touch devotional reinforced the need to schedule daily prayer time and set it as a priority.   I truly cannot develop a loving relationship with God by only giving Him a fly-by-the pants quick sentence or two.  He deserves much, much more.  This is not only important in forming a loving relationship with God, but it is also important in being an interceder for others. 
     What would become of my peace of mind if I did not have Jesus interceding for me?  

Romans 8:26 "In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness.  We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans." 

Romans 8:27 "And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God's people in accordance with the will of God."

Hebrews 7:28 "Therefore he is able to save completely, those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them."

     I am so thankful to Jesus providing for me the words I cannot properly express myself.
     When I think about how Jesus intercedes, I also see that I can also be an instrument for others.  My prayer life needs to lift up the names of others to God.  Why? Why when God sees all and knows all, do I need to pray?  I believe God wants to join with me as one in my requests.  He wants to hear from me. He wants to share time with me in all my concerns.  He wants to see that I love others enough to pray regarding their struggles, their sicknesses, and their losses.  God wants to know I am concerned enough about the leaders of my country, my friends and family members, my community, and my church enough to pray for them.  
     God hears, heals, and sees all.  He listens to the voices of His children.  God will take action in His way and in His timing, but I must continue to pray. 
    

No comments:

Post a Comment