Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Friday, March 2, 2018

Galilee

    Yesterday, I wrote about some events surrounding the Sea of Galilee.  I wanted to remind myself of some of them, mainly because I have just had the wonderful experience of being there.
     To my amazement, the IN TOUCH devotional this morning was about another event which  happened upon the Sea of Galilee.  This one was found in Matthew 8:23-27 where we read about how Jesus calmed the waves crashing over the deck of the boat.  The disciples were frightened while Jesus was sleeping. They asked, "What kind of man is this that sleeps while the boat heaves and pitches?"  The writer tells us,  "The One who created the seas. Jesus knows how a storm brews and what energy causes a wave to stay in motion.  He is a divine Being cloaked in humanity, who can rebuke the winds and sea so they become calm... The big picture is that He is the only man worthy of glory, honor, and praise."
     This led me to write the following praise for the day:

Lord, you are worthy and noble,
calming the crashing waves,
commanding them to be quiet and mobile.
You speak to the waves and the winds-
all that transcends.
As then, in the great Galilee,
even now, protecting your own, including me.  
Lord! You are worthy of glory and honor.
Let me praise you now and longer.  


No comments:

Post a Comment