Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Choose

My recent Bible study has been in Kings. It seems as though there was always a battle going on, and most of the Kings in that day did "evil in the sight of the Lord."  We still have that today. In fact, when I read Romans 7 today, I was reminded that I also constantly have a battle going on within myself. I have to choose daily so that I do not "evil in the sight of the Lord." 

Choose

 

There’s a battle going on

which sets my daily tone.

Will I be hopeful 

Or allow Satan to confuse?  

I have to choose…

The war within

Makes me want to sin.

Will I be a slave?

Will I cave?

Will I submit to what I secretly crave?

Will it be God’s way

and Satan I refuse?

I have to choose… 

Within there are two natures; 

Two desires!

Two fires!

Will I submit to temptation? 

Allow sinful flirtation?

Or accept God’s dictation?

Will I be prideful;

Lustful;

Sinful?

These things from Satan will abuse. 

I simply have to choose…

 

Mary Crisp Jameson 2/14/2024

 

“For in my inner being I delight in God’s law, but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me…Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord.. So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God’s law, but in my sinful nature, a slave to the law of sin.   Romans 7:22-23,25

No comments:

Post a Comment